View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #70
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The 1 province per portal statement is odd: I don't think we've actually established that.
Just on this issue, I took that to mean only on Calledron. The twenty (?) something portals are controlled by twenty something Archmages on Calledron, with the added possibility that some provinces have no portals.

As a different way of dividing the basin, there are 32 teeth condensing a significant flow of moisture, hence presumably providing the Inland Sea with 32 large rivers. Provinces would most conveniently be demarcated as between those rivers, though there may be some left for governance by pre-imperial tribes, or some amalgamated into larger provinces, particularly near the snout. Meanwhile, others near the brain pan may also not be strongly claimed.

As for Archmages and provincial governance in other realms, that would probably depend on the realm. There may be one realm governor or many. The number of portals wouldn't necessarily enter into that calculation, unless there's a particular edict against Archmages having control of more than one.
Quote:
I'm counting three types of power source so far: Innate, Alchemical, and Divine. The interaction between all the different powers may be among the better parts of the setting.
Doesn't the access to summoning indicate a fourth, Academic Thaumalogical power source, i.e. regular Magery (whether spells, RPM or whatever)? Or are you including that in Innate?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote