View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #69
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Hmm.. that tomorrow is already a week ago. That's not like me at all...
You're back! hurrah!

Quote:
I would say otherwise, as they have no permanent presence, civilisation or garrisons there. And while Calledron makes good use of it, aren't there other planets with portals onto the plane as well? In any case, having *more* realms is good, so there's no need to shortchange the count on which 5 are Imperial satrapies.
On the other hand, large numbers of people travel through the main portal every day and every night, and I don't think we've established that no-one spends the night there: they just have to sleep on the ground. I think it could be counted either way.

Quote:
I think you acknowledge this, but just to be clear- the Archmage I mentioned was in charge of the portal to Praxis, said portal being two jumps from Calledron, with the Praxis portal being the third passage. I didn't go into whether the Archmage was actually in that Praxis ante-realm, or just have jurisdiction over that portal guardhouse from one realm away, but that could be settled in your question.
The 1 province per portal statement is odd: I don't think we've actually established that. I don't think it will map to population numbers well either. I do think we have two conflicting statements about the portal network structure though: its both branching with few loops and it is easier to get to various places on Calledron via the portal network than by walking. That needs to be resolved. We should look at answer #18 when answering question #60.

Quote:
I'm interested to see if we end up with the alchemists being purely empiricists, who are just very skilled at combining element X with essence Y from across the polycosm to create substance Z!Z, or if they use more enchantments and arcane rituals as well.
I certainly have a vision of which answer I'd like, but we'll see! I'm very curious about what sort of magic system we end up with when considered as a whole. I'm counting three types of power source so far: Innate, Alchemical, and Divine. The interaction between all the different powers may be among the better parts of the setting.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote