View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #68
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
Question 48 What are some heinous crimes in the Calledron legal system, and what are some comparably minor crimes? What are typical punishments? How is guilt or innocence usually determined?
This is a surprisingly large question. I'm going to answer some of it and pass some of it on.

Answer 48:
Calledron does not maintain much in the way of prisons. Most punishment takes the form of fines, corporeal beating, or execution. Rich and powerful Calledronians are sometimes given the option of exile. When death is considered "too good" for the criminal, it is usually expanded upon by separating body parts as far as possible after death. The most famous method is by dropping the head off of the edge of Calledron, and burying the body in a different cosm.

While archmages are technically supreme in matters of judgement, most of the work is done by judges who work in sets of three. They will hear the case against an accused, and then decide what punishment they believe is merited and what the legal code requires. Judges often receive instructions about specific crimes and punishments from their archmage, but the core legal code is ancient.

passing on the rest of the question:

Question 64:
What are some heinous crimes in the Calledron legal system, and what are some comparably minor crimes?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote