View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #14
zuljita

Default Re: New DFRPG Specific Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
The tricky thing with DR 9 dragons is that they're also IQ 16 dragons and usually Magery 1-6 dragons with Energy Reserve up to 50. At Magery 1, their IQ/Hard spells start at skill 15 (-1 to energy cost); at Magery 6, those spells start at 20 (-2 to energy cost). Missile Shield is a low-end spell – it could be the second spell an apprentice learns – and costs just 5/2. So you can rest assured that dragons who go around challenging armies also go around with Missile Shield up. And of course they'll probably have an Armor spell providing an extra DR 5 if they suspect archers (Tactics-16 says they will), just because they have the energy.
I absolutely agree. adding spell lists and magery are beyond the resolution of the project at this point, (although doing something like that is on the list of features we want to accomplish down the line). Does the dragon not have to pay the multiplied costs for large SM for those self buffs? I figured such a dragon would focus on debuffs and area spells to avoid the same problem PCs have with casting body control spells on dragons.