View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #570
Astromancer

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Gaming potential in both is great. Babbage is your proto-typical steampunk, while Holland is pretty innovative. Swashbuckling clockpunk is something I'd adventure in.
Thank-you

Quote:
I'm just questioning "why" does our Jumper want to change history in those specific ways. Shooting Hitler, or saving Lincoln or Kennedy are easy enough to understand, at least from an American viewpoint :) But Holland? The Jumper couldn't find a Holland dominant timeline he likes so he builds his own?
I thought of the Holland-5 Jumper as a lost jumper that thinks he's time travelling. His focus is to build a decent world because he believes he's destroyed a good future. You see, he accidently jumped to Riech-5 and he thinks he caused that. Holland-5 is his attempt to undo his sins.

Quote:
I can see the Jumper as conducting an experiment in altering timelines. Either for himself or a sponsoring group of some sort. Either out of scientific curiosity, which makes it an ethical problem of experimenting on humans, or out of entertainment, which makes it a reality show with a very limited audience.
Some of the interfering Jumpers are clearly conducting experiments, others are building utopia. Building their Utopia if no one else's.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote