View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters Power-Ups 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
1) crit success table is optional and not mandatory for character (ie you don't want to chance doing triple damage to an opponent because you don't want to kill them, so you may abstain from rolling on it)
That seems like a Rules Exemption perk to me.

Quote:
2) inability of opponents to defend is attacker's option and not mandatory (ie you actually want an opponent to parry you or dodge you for some reason)
Ditto. I don't know why you'd want that, but it's the same cost. A perk.

Quote:
3) able to roll twice on crit table and pick which of the two outcomes you want
I'd call that Luck + Cosmic, Affects effect tables. It's -0% if you can only affect effect tables or +100% if you can affect normal rolls too.

Quote:
4) able to buy Enhanced Crit for active defense instead of attack (more likely to induce crit failures by attackers)
Consider how expensive it would be to get a base skill that high, maybe a perk. Then again, Feverish Defense, Retreat, etc. can jack that up high. I'd apply Cosmic to the active defense per Power-Ups 4.

Quote:
5) able to avoid critically successful defenses from changing attacker's success into a critical failure (ie you want to be very skilled at blocking but not so skilled they're more likely to hurt themselves as a result of your defense)
I can't parse this. What do you mean?

Quote:
The way it seems to go is that while the modified skill needed to get a crit is 10 more than the crit range, the prereq to buy the perk to extend that range seems to be 10+2*level
I would never extend it past 9. 9 is plenty. 10+ is just crazy.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote