Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 12:52 AM   #68
tbeard1999

Default Re: HEAL spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Crowell View Post
I think we are on the same page. I like that TFT combat is gritty, hurts, and is potentially deadly. Increasing the availability of healing between combats should have the efect of making longer periods of adventuring more survivable. If you can heal faster between fights you can afford to get in more fights between periods of extended rest and healing. It still keeps individual fights a significant risk to be weighed against the potential reward. No (or very limited) magical instant healing during the fight.

I like that combat hurts. I fighter who has taken most of his hits does not fight as well as he did when he was fresh. This is in sharp contrast to a lot of RPGs where a fighter fights just as well at 1 HP as he did at 50 HP. He is just more likely to die if he gets hit.
Yep, I agree completely. I think that the individual TFT combats should remain as deadly as they are now. Adding healing or additional hit points will turn the TFT combat system into a time consuming slog. I just want TFT figures to be able to engage in *more* combats.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote