View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 12:08 AM   #37
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Also, Kalzazz, I wanted to add: If you are watching these posts and going "This is great, but I would totally do it this way, not that way," then you're doing it right. That's actually the intent of these posts. I remember seeing a thread on campaign ideas that people never get around to trying. There are all sorts of reasons for it, but one often cited is that they just couldn't make the setting work or didn't have time to "finish it." Psi Wars is an ode to those people specifically. If I had one mission with this series, it's to show people how to rapidly finish a setting, and how to accept that not everything will be perfect, and that's okay.

So if this encourages you to run your own knock-off of Star Wars with Force Bucklers, then I would feel this was a success.

Or, you know, if you actually end up running Psi Wars, that would be good too.

Also, this will seem to take a lot longer than it actually did. I started writing Psi-Wars in the last week of December, and it's the third week of January, and I have posts scheduled until Mid-April, so the complete setting probably won't come out until the middle of the summer, but I'll likely have it finished (at this pace) sometime in February.

(Reason I'm not just increasing my content release schedule: I don't think people want a 20,000 word dump a week; I tend to get distracted and I want to give myself room to take a break; I'm getting married in March)