View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 06:22 PM   #9
b-dog

Default Re: Psychedelic Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
The challenge with this one is how to pull it off effectively at the gaming table. In my experience, things like this tend to work better in fiction than in RPGs. If I were a player and another player said that he had a demon jumping on him, I would presume that something was going on (rather than thinking he was having a bad dream). Then I would attempt to do something about it. Hmm. But I guess if it's played out as something of a curse, it might work. Assuming the party doesn't have magic to deal with it, they are in a race to get somewhere to handle the situation before the afflicted PC dies. That could be interesting.
It might be horrific if one of the PCs is getting ripped part by a demon that the other PCs can not see or interact with. The other PCs might have to spend their time using healing spells and other holy spells to try to turn the demon. Maybe they might even have to take the PC that is being attacked to a holy temple or sanctuary so that the PC can recover. The PCs may have to use the Banish spell to rid the afflict PC of the demon.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote