View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #32
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy World for Infinite Worlds Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warellis View Post
So do DF's designers have a very tight definition on what constitutes a "dungeon crawl?" Because that's pretty surprising since dungeon crawls boil down to "explore place, kill stuff that attacks you, and take loot."

I mean, the idea that it HAS to be a mishmash of "medieval and renaissance technology, culture and legendaria" is rather...limiting.
I am not talking about the general concept of "dungeons" in the entire hobby, but rather the specific implementation of "classic FRPG" tropes in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy or Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game. I am saying that just taking say the barbarian templates and switching melee weapon skills for Guns and Gunner isn't going to produce anything that looks like a I-Cop trained for the dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
If I were designing this, I'd try to significantly limit the Patrol characters' ability to use high-tech stuff, for whatever reason - they're trying to preserve the Secret, they have limited ammo, etc. I don't think this is too implausible for the Infinite Worlds setting - there's a reason the Infinity Patrol templates that have combat skills all include low-tech weapon skills as well as high-tech.
Yeah, that makes sense.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote