View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #1013
thorr-kan

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Thought I'd already posted this.

Spring semester, freshman year of college. Gaming with a group of strangers I'd just met in the dorm common room. First time playing AD&D (long time player of BD&D). Playing a half-elf bard dual-weilding scimitars (stop looking at me like that; I'd never heard of Drizzt at that point).

The group's from the Forgotten Realms. They've been tasked by their patron (Eliminster) to spelljam to the DM's homebrew world and destroy an evil artifact they've recently come into possession of from a lich. I get picked up as the new meat while they are travelling.

After a few hours nosing around the new world, we find the location to destroy the artifact. But as we enter, we're met by Eliminster and our local, high-level mage contact. I go invisible and ghost off to one side.

The party does some back and forth with the DM, trying to establish bonafides. I keep getting more and more suspicious. So I sneak up behind our contacts and utter those fateful words.

"I backstab the lich."

And I was *RIGHT.*

The illusion drops, the lich appears, the party goes gangbusters on him. I get clubbed like a baby seal. But we won and destroyed the artifact.

And that's how we founded the Horde, our college circle of friends.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote