View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #25
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Fantasy Games Unlimted: Space Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Convert your d100 roll (plus any DM) into a PC Score ranging from 01-19 by consulting the chart (Vol.1, p.7).

Roll 1d20 three times to determine: Planetary Gravity Field; Planetary Atmosphere; and Planetary Climate for your Planet of Birth.

As an optional rule, to make psionics more prominent in a campaign, if the psionics roll was 96-100, Humans, Feline Avatars and Transhumans could apply up to 15 points from their DM to Psionics (giving a PC score of 19 if your roll was 100), .
Just as a note, the chart was not a universal chart but an individualized chart for each pair of Attributes (i.e. Desterity and Agility used one chart while strength and Con used another one and so on). Also, they weren't all paired. You had three "Tech" Attributes which used their the last chart on the table.

The apparently not intuitive scale of 1-19 was so you could roll Attribute Rolls on 2D10.

There was a special exception to this. If you had that 19 in PSI you could practice a special discipline called "Telergy" which allowed you to raise your stats. When you had done the full 10 levels of Telergy was when you transformed into a TransHuman. You couldn't raise any attribute above 19 except for Intelligence which you could raise as high as 29.

The game is just full of weird and eccentric things like this.

That optional rule for achieving PSI-19 looks like what I remember from my second copy but I would swear that it wasn't in the first. We had to come up with a House Rule.