View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: (Updated 10/24/2013) Critical Links & Useful Information -- READ ME FIRST!!!

How can I find other Munchkin players where I live?

Great question!

As with all things, we recommend visiting your Friendly Local Game Store, if you have one. Many of them have corkboards where gamers can post signs looking for games or advertising games they want to play. Many of them also have regularly scheduled game nights where you can bring your Munchkin boxes and play a pickup game. We can't recommend your FLGS highly enough.

Larger communities will often have one or more online groups with regularly scheduled game nights. Meetup.com seems to be the best-known hub for arranging these groups (enough that the generic term is turning into "meetups"), but there are others and it's worth doing a search. Those people braving the wilds of Facebook can often find groups in your local area as well.

(Aside: if you haven't typed "board games in [place I live]" into your favorite search engine, it's worth a shot!)

Finally, our Gamer Finder forum is a great place to find people who also hang out here. Toss a post up there and look through it to see if other people are also looking for gamers in your area! (We used to have a Gamer Finder database, but in 2018 we took it down because of privacy concerns.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 02-28-2019 at 08:41 AM.