View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #254
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
I don't know what DP a typical Jersey Barrier would have. I think hitting one with a vehicle at high enough speed would mostly just push the barrier around and slow the vehicle somewhat. Much more of a nuisance/hindrance than a barrier.
It's about like ramming a reinforced wall...my old man hit one during a DUI a couple months back, they're both tougher than and not as tough as they look...he pushed it out of place, did some damage, but didn't break through. Ultimately, designed for (in CW terms) sideswipes rather than T-bones. Where it gets tough is that they stand up to gunfire pretty well, even if a fully-loaded semi can push them out of the way with little more difficulty than blowing through a roadblock made up of Geo Metros.

If it was me, I'd play with 2.5-3x the DP of a cinderblock wall [or 15-18 DP], and see how that ends up working out...though you are on to something, what if instead of breaching due to a collision, it conforms instead? That preserves the toughness against bullets, and also reflects that they're not permanently mounted in place [usually]...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/