View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Daverius

Default Re: Examples of 4e Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook
Howdy Folks -

Dismayed by the lack of full GURPS 4th edition combat examples, I've started a little project of my own to fill the niche, for the benefit of myself and others. The more feedback and corrections I can get the better, so feel free to look 'em over and point out the mistakes I've made (of which I'm sure there are plenty) - it would be much appreciated.

So far I've written nine examples - three melee (weapons), three close combat, and three ranged (more coming as I have time, and once I'm sure the initial nine are correct as written). My guess is that the close combat examples will have the most mistakes - I still seem to be a bit thrown by some of the grappling rules.

Suggestions as well as corrections welcome - the page is at:

http://www.themook.net/rpg/examples

Thanks!
I think its really cool, the way you laid out the examples. This is great for beginner Gurps players who didn't have a chance to actually play the game but have read over the books. Good job! Right off the bat, I've noticed that you had your combatants roll for hit location. I think that is an optional rule. If the player doesn't declare a hit location than I believe it defaults to the torso.

FYI: From your first combat example. If you take more than half your HP in damage, then you have received a major wound and have to roll against HT or suffer Knockdown.

BTW great website

Last edited by Daverius; 02-06-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: another fix
Daverius is offline   Reply With Quote