Thread: Kickstarter!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #28
JLV

Default Re: Kickstarter!

Returning to the question of the GM screen, I'm strongly in favor of it -- the original had tons of useful info that saves me lots of time during the game, as well as stuff the players could use on their side of the screen. It was a good thing to have.

Though I agree that if Steve just provided printable insert PDFs for the panels, that would be fine for me personally -- I have one of the plastic folders for that sort of thing (that I picked up in another Kickstarter -- I think it was Barrowmaze), and I'm pretty happy with it. Plus, since it has insert pockets on the player's side (intended, no doubt, for evocative art) I would be able to put a lot of player info on that side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusser View Post
Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Just how different from the original TFT materials will the new Legacy edition be? Will this be primarily a fine tuning to fix inconsistencies, or will there be some new material or new take on some of the mechanics?

I still have all of my original materials and still used them from time to time, so I am just curious for a comparison.

Thanks.
If you've played TFT before, I can't see any major changes being discussed that would hamper you playing the new edition pretty much out of the box. As Ty said, the biggest change seems to be to Experience Points, and frankly it was a change a lot of us had already made to a greater or lesser extent in our various house-rule variants, so it's not totally outside expectations. Still, you can read it in the Experience Thread (here), and see what you think. Your ideas and comments would be very welcome, too!

Last edited by JLV; 06-15-2018 at 12:02 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote