View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #61
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Question on 'Ramming'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
As it reads, it implies reducing infantry can only occur twice per turn.
It does? I honestly don't understand where this intepretation is coming from, 6.06 doesn't even use the word "twice" or suggest a limit. The two rams limit given elsewhere is explicitly a limit on rams, so there's no reason to expect it to apply to the explicitly not-ramming of infantry in another section of the rules entirely.

I never thought thought there was a limit, or played with one, and I wouldn't even have known there was any confusion without this thread.
Quote:
If the new rule is it can do this as often as it has movement points,
this needs clarification in the 6.06 rule itself.
That isn't a new rule. This has always been the rule.
Quote:
Leaving it at "When all its AP weapons are gone, an Ogre/SHVY can no longer reduce infantry in this way."
Is not clear enough because it does not take into account the OGREs movement.
Well no, but that is because the AP requirement is a completely separate test from the MP cost. The part about "may expend a movement point, stay in the same hex" is the part that accounts for movement costs.

The AP test doesn't have to account for movement just like having a both a functioning missile rack and at least one internal missile is test for if you can shoot missiles that doesn't account for movement, even if you need to move to get in range to hit anything with said missiles.

This seems like a thing that confused some people, but not many, which makes it a FAQ rather than an erratum, IMO.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote