View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #42
Chris Goodwin

Default Re: Targeting modifiers

Necro-ing again. Targeting modifiers for speed still bug me. I'm trying to both simplify them, and make reference to only the listed speed penalties as much as possible.

The following are my new house rules.

There are three distance bands: "far apart" (4" or further away), "near" (closer than 4" but greater than 1"), and point-blank (closer than 1").

Speed penalties only apply if the two units are near or point-blank. If they are far apart, speed penalties do not apply. All other modifiers continue to apply. (Point-blank bonus is conditional; see my later post for details.)

Stationary (target or attacker) bonuses apply if applicable regardless of distance, with some caveats.
  • If the attacker is a pedestrian, and not moving during the turn, they can collect the stationary attacker bonus. If their target is not moving, they can collect the stationary target bonus.
  • If the attacker is a nonmoving vehicle, they can collect the stationary attacker bonus. If their target is also not moving, they can collect the stationary target bonus.
  • If the attacker is a moving vehicle, and the target is not moving, the attacking vehicle can only collect the stationary target bonus if its own speed penalty is -0 (27.5 mph or slower).

More to come.

I've started a subreddit for discussion of INWO and Illuminati. Check it out!
Chris Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote