View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:38 AM   #6
Curmudgeon

Default Re: Concentrate for spell then abandon casting, continuosly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
A player has asked if they can: start to cast a multiple second concentration spell, then abandon it continuously and restart the concentration.

Eg concentrate on Great Haste... then restart concentration.

It sounds, in a word, stupid to me. But I said I'd ask on the forums.

What do you think?
Mmm, I'm with lachimba as far as what possible benefit he can see in doing this. However, I do wonder if your player missed that little bit on B366 about being limited to a Step for movement while concentrating. At a majestic and glacial 1 yard/second pace (only slightly faster than a military slow march at a state funeral [just in case you were wondering]), the rest of the party may solve the problem for you:

"We're not in combat. Hurry up and quit dawdling. The rest of us have doors to open and monsters to kill, you know, even if you don't."

"I swear, if he doesn't put in gear, I'm going to feed him to the next otyugh we find."

"Why? Otyughs' are noble creatures, they are. Why would you be down so hard on them?"

"Relax, guys. At least he can't accidentally trip and accidentally turn any one to stone, not like Lark's group. Their magician was so clumsy, she ended up decorating her garden with statuary. Mind you, I still think that's a pretty rude pose that Wolf ended up in."

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 05-21-2017 at 08:11 AM. Reason: homophone replacement
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote