View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #9
CeeDub

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Housekeeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
That's the interesting question: Should the average IQ 10 character (keeping in mind that there are hundreds of millions, if not billions, of characters in any given RPG world) have 1 point in Housekeeping, or not?
Hm, I don't think they'd need to have one. After all, such routine tasks without pressure and time constraint get enough of a bonus to the skill roll that lack of the skill is unlikely to matter. Worst case, they clean their apartment, still looks untidy, they just try again.

However, I think that one or more points in the skill reflects nicely that a PC makes something of a habit of doing their household chores regularly. They certainly rack up the required amount of hours of practice to pick up a skill point.

ETA: Lack of the skill, on the other hand, is a nice indicator of someone who does household chores only when they have to. Slobs, procrastinators... someone who has no routine for these things and has to make it up as they go. Kind of the definition of defaulting to IQ.

Nothing set in stone, just my personal interpretation. At the very least, it's a good flavor skill to have that also has some potential to actually come in handy.

Last edited by CeeDub; 11-06-2015 at 07:05 PM.
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote