View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
ashareem

Default Re: Error code 430 on startup of GCA

Eric, thank you for the response. Yes, I had found those decade-old threads while searching for solutions. Unfortunately, none of them are working for me. :/

I have also followed Armin's suggestions from this thread, with no joy.

Quote:
So, what I recommend trying (even though you said you tried something like it) is this:

1) uninstall GCA from Add/Remove programs
2) delete the GCA folder completely (if you have saved characters in there, or custom data files, move them elsewhere first!);
3) REBOOT, and run nothing that you can avoid running
4) reinstall GCA but DO NOT RUN IT
5) apply the update patcher;
6) apply the update patcher AGAIN (if there's a hitch, this should catch it)
7) try running GCA.
Turned off Firewall and Malware (Windows Defender) Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, attempt update, fail, rinse, repeat, using the patcher, updates, DLL re-register, etc.. Uninstall, manually ensure that relevant directories are empty/removed. Yes, all as Administrator.

Manually set Firewall to allow GCA through. Still getting the 430 error.

Of course, this comes as our gaming group is returning to GURPS after an absence of a couple of years consorting with other Rulesets.

I love GCA, I've been using it since before it was an "official" SJ Games product. But unless I can figure this out, it looks as though I may be done with it, until the next version (please, Armin!) makes it to release.

Again, thanks, Eric. I want to recognize the immense amount of woirk you've done for this program over the years as well.

Last edited by ashareem; 09-21-2020 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo
ashareem is offline   Reply With Quote