View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #210
Icelander

Default Shellac

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Quite possibly, but it depends on their life cycle. The Lac insects are bizarre, and seem to produce the resin as part of their feeding on tree sap.
Well, WAG time, forumites. Is it more or less likely than 50% that the sub-tropical areas of Jötunheim where the ASNs have their settlements might have giant insects, magical or otherwise, that produce a useful shellac substitute?

I rolled a 10, so if it's 50% or more likely, the ASNs get to harvest Jötunheim giant insect goo for all their shellac-related needs, but if is it is less likely than that, in y'all's opinion, they are out of luck in that department.

I'm aware that any opinions can't be based on entirely scientific principles, as you lack a lot of knowledge about the place (much of which I haven't even decided on yet) and Jötunheim is explicitly not an Earth-like world and while it does have some species that are analogous to Earth fossils from the Mesozoic, it also has lots of magical variations and some entirely biologically impossible flora and fauna. But, uh, your gut feeling and any analogies you want to draw must guide you.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-11-2019 at 05:55 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote