View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #34
Andreas

Default Re: Skill for laying low in an urban area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Uh, you realize that my argument was essentially that you needed skills like Streetwise or Urban Survival, while Andreas maintained that no skill is needed and characters without Disadvantages never need to roll anything to disappear in an unfamilar city and stay hidden. You've added Sex Appeal to the list of skills that you can use (good catch), but otherwise you're not apparently disagreeing with me.
....No I did not say that. I said that you don't need skills to not do stupid things (unless you have an applicable disadvantage). You might very well have to roll for a lot of things while staying hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
There are places where you can get prepaid phones without showing ID and filing out documents with all your real information, but increasing numbers of countries are simply banning that, as something they maintain is only used by criminals on the run, drug dealers and terrorists.
If you are unfortunate enough to be in such a country, that does make it harder. You could try to convince someone else to buy it for you, or get a compatible foregin phone.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote