View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 11:07 PM   #7
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Is the Heavy LAW a TOW Missile?

A friend of mine was a tanker, and talked a lot about armor and anti-armor weapons. Where we played Star Fleet Battles and Traveller on occasion, we never did any Car Wars. But, from talking to him, I was under the impression that there really weren't any good CW anti-armor weapons by the way he talked about tanks.

It's why I asked the question, because talking with him it strikes me that there really is no CW vehicle that can withstand any pure military anti-armor weapon. Some weapons, like the LAW, baffle me, because their application was so narrow, and yet in the CW-verse, depending on your group, are used. And if the LAW is said to do so many dice of damage (I'm too lazy to open the PDF just now), then what kind of damage can Javelin, TOW or Dragon, or whatever weapon, deliver?

The sense is that those weapons are, as advertised, one shot one kill weapons against robust armored targets. And if they can take out an M1, then the dice delivered in the CW verse must be so robust to the point of not needing any roles.

I ask because I've got a "secret project" going on … it's sorta kinda just after the C&C era, but involves C&C types squaring off with regular duelists. There may be anti-armor weapons available, but I'm trying to gauge that based on what I come up with.

Like I was telling 43supporter in some PMs, when I first cracked the CW rules way back in 80 or thereabouts, my first thought was "I wonder if they have tanks in here". And tanks would come nearly a decade later after waiting for them (Dragon 117 and the Dempsey not withstanding). Even so, I'm thankful for the answers here, and I'm going to try and slog on with this project in conjunction with losing weight.

Thanks for the feedback. It helps much.

Last edited by Blue Ghost; 12-25-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote