View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Dalin

Default Magical traps (spoilers)

Spoilers from "I Smell a Rat" below.

The Rune-Limned Gallery. When it says "Resists Dehydrate-15 with HT," does this mean that I roll against skill 15 to see what the margin of success was? And then compare that to the character's margin of success on their HT roll? Do I roll again for each character who triggers the trap? If I roll a failure (16+), then I assume the character automatically resists, regardless of their HT roll.

How often does a trap like this trigger? My initial assumption is that it's "always on" and invokes against anyone in the hallway each second. This is pretty brutal, though, so then I wondered if I was misunderstanding something. Just once per character? Just once per minute? If you are knocked unconscious, will it strike again each second until you're completely desiccated? If your move is too slow to make it in one turn, do you get hit twice? The Traps book says that traps that automatically rearm themselves take 1dx10 seconds to rearm. This is obviously for mechanical traps, not magical ones, so I'm guessing this isn't applicable here. Just curious how others are handling this, and how other groups have navigated it.

Thanks, all!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote