View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #34
Mailanka

Default Re: differing power levels within a party: The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
I see that you're right. Strangely, though, Higher Purpose does not have that restriction; it says "dice rolls." We took Daredevil the same way, through misreading. Not that it made a lot of difference; La Gata also could get +1 from Acrobatic Dodge, and she had Acrobatics-19 or so.

Bill Stoddard
Acrobatic dodges are worth +2, not +1, and you only get that benefit once during your turn.

In any case, if the problem is high dodge, why didn't the GM hit her with high skill (A skill 30 swordmaster could drop that dodge to 8 with a major deceptive attack. A feint would likely be even better, as she doesn't sound like she has high combat skills to compensate), or sweeping area attacks (the classic hulk-tactic for defeating speeders: destroy all the ground around you and hammer out shockwaves with your fist). Never mind tricks like mind control or malediction-based attacks.

"You can't hit me" doesn't seem to be more game-breaking than "You can't hurt me," less actually, since you have more tools at your disposal to crack very high defenses than you have to crack very high DR.