View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: "Items" in your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-vils_wingman View Post
I was referencing the immediately prior reply. The one-shot items in hand that have gold piece value. From the posts so far, it seemed to me it was being said that those cards (one-shot items) are only good for selling and not for playing from your hand, as in someone else's combat to enhance a monster's or munchkin's combat strength.
If that was being said, it was not being said by Erik or me, because that would be very, very, wrong. I think a previous poster took a specific statement about a specific circumstance and inferred a general rule.

So, to be clear:

* Cards in your hand are not Items, because the rules say Items are cards in play.
* The rules allow you to sell cards with a printed Gold Piece value, whether they are in play or in your hand.
* The rules also allow you to play cards representing one-shot Items from the table or from your hand.
* Any card targeting Items, however, must target the Items on the table unless it explicitly mentions Items (or other cards) in your hand in the card text. (In fact, this is true for ANY effect that targets a player -- cards in the hand are immune unless specifically mentioned.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 02-15-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote