View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [House Rules] Extra Effort in Combat - Quick and Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
Not seeking to diminish your effort and creativity, it's that I just love the approach to Extra Effort in Combat of the GURPS Basic Set: Campaigns book (page 357)...
I agree! i just wanted to see if I could come up with a "quick and easy" way to use the rules that were in DFRPG, rather than porting over from GURPS Basic, or codifying my own variant of them.

Literally I am baffled by the decision not to include them* as an option in DFRPG, they fit the theme and scope of the game perfectly. Hopefully they'll be a "Martial Options" book put out at some point that will contain them (and other things drawn from Basic and Martial Arts and even other places).

* Yes... I can see why Kromm made that decision, but I clearly disagree with it. My Barbarian has a load of Fatigue that is just sitting around in fights not being a useful resource... even his HP is more useful resource for him spend (via taking hits for friends) than his FP will ever be.

I've also toyed with the idea of turning them into 'martial' Power-Ups, 1 a 1 point Advantage maybe.

Last edited by evileeyore; 11-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote