View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 02:13 AM   #20
DryaUnda

Default Re: Here's something I don't get about Coventry...

I think I stumbled into a bigger (and simpler) problem. The Infinite Worlds setting was made in a different era. By way of illustration, let us use the President of the United States. A decade ago, the president was a harmless, comical figure who only conspiracy theorists took seriously. A harmless clown, and endless source of background humor for INWO.

With POTUS #43, the sane people have become conspiracy theorists. Evil people and evil empires aren't so funny anymore.

The Infinite Worlds setting presents Infinity as the heroic group, but when we so much as suspect any similarities to infamous governments, we get a nasty jolt of cognitive dissonance.

With Infinite Worlds being the official setting for GURPS, something seriously needs to be done regarding Coventry, as urgently as the 4e covers needed reworking. I'm hopefully mistaken but, apart from the Infinite Worlds Wiki, the main setting seems to have gotten an underwhelming reaction.