View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 01:52 AM   #31
PK

Default Re: GURPS After the End 1: Wastelanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Although, talking about new mechanics - what about traits for characters who are more (or less) resistant to LTF, disproportionate to their FP total?

I suppose you could just take all the survival traits that are in the system now, but "doesn't starve", or "doesn't sleep" is a lot different from "Can starve like anyone else and looks really ragged after four days without sleep, but bounces back once he gets a square meal and a nap". Useful for super-mutants :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
If you really want to get picky with short and long term fatigue, there's always The Last Gasp (Pyr #3/44). Ditch action points, drag out more severe penalties for suffering long-term fatigue, and you're good to go.

The rules for losing fatigue for missed meals, sleep, and water just got a lot more serious.
Yeah, good point, Doug. In my opinion, the appeal of LFP is that it's simple. "You're run-down, so now you're not functioning at your peak." So if you no longer need that simplicity -- if you're running a game where different PCs have different thresholds for getting tired, hungry, etc. -- you may actually be better off using a system with more complexity, like the long-term FP rules from "The Last Gasp."

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote