View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 06:11 PM   #23
ParadoxGames

Default Re: Postcard Adventure Contest

The idea of sending entries in AS A POSTCARD may be my fault! I really am into oldschool/nostalgia. Before the contest began, I made a postcard adventure that was not related to the contest and mailed it to SJG. Maybe it was too cool an idea.

This will be a fun challenge and I wish luck to everyone who enters. Winning autographed anything TFT related will be cool. But who wouldn't want their ideas as part of official TFT gaming?

Some tips on making a postcard:
If you're making a 5x7 postcard, make it 10x7, with both sides of the postcard together (and touching) on one side of the sheet. and print it on card stock (110 lb is adequete). Before folding it in half, take a box cutter or X-Acto (tm) knife and lightly make a scoring cut on the edge where the front and back meet. Don't cut all the way through. Fold it in half. I place another piece of paper over the postcard after folding, then use a ruler to crease it firmly. The other paper prevents the card from getting marked up. Cut the sides and bottom while it's folded so the front and back match up.

Now you want to seal the front and back together. I use Krylon (tm) spray adhesive for an even coat; don't use rubber cement. 3M (tm) is another quality brand. If you glue THEN cut, wait an hour to let it set.

This double-thick card stock produces a solid , mailable postcard. Trust me, I did it and mailed it, and although I want to win, I also want everyone to have a fair shot to make a entry that you can mail. Two more things: 1) Use a laser printer, even if you only have access to a b&W one and must sacrifice color. I think SJG will judge on creativity and playability and not worry about color. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) 2) If the card size exceeds 4x6", place a first class stamp on it, not postcard postage. Your 5x7" or 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" entry won't get there with just the postcard postage, and it would be a shame if a potentially winning entry doesn't reach its destination over a few cents' worth of postage.

If I win, I don't want to win because you had a great idea and you couldn't realize it in card form! And, if I don't win because of the help i provided, that's also awesome, because the more entries that are involved, the more quality ideas that can be submitted, enriching the quality of the TFT gaming experience for everyone.

Last edited by ParadoxGames; 03-27-2019 at 06:16 PM.
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote