View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #58
doulos05

Default Re: GURPS Magic Flavor

OK, I said I would post my styles here for critique/input. Here's my first one, let me know what you think.

Red Mage: 11 points
Pre-requisites: Magery 1 (Magery 2 for practitioners wanting to become an Igniter)
Required Skills: Soldier, Staff, Thaumatology
Required Spells: Ignite Fire, Shape Fire, Create Fire, Extinguish Fire, Smoke, Fireball, Recover Energy
Perks: Frightening Side Effects (Any offensive Spell on the list), Improvised Magic (Red Magery), Staff Attunement, Power Casting (up to 2 levels), Missile Spell Mastery, Kindle, Spell Variation (Fireball, Explosive Fireball, Flame Jet, or Body of Flames)

The first level within the order is Acolyte. Acolytes are free to learn all spells within the Acolyte list. They must learn all spells in this list before they may become Keepers of the Flame. *Note, Recover Energy is a placeholder for a specialized version I'm working up in another thread here that recovers solely from nearby fires.
Acolyte: Ignite Fire, Shape Fire, Create Fire, Extinguish Fire, Smoke, Fireball, Recover Energy

Keepers of the Flame are the second level within the order. They may learn all spells on this list and must learn 3 of them to be considered an Igniter.
Keeper: Fire Cloud*, Explosive Fireball, Heat, Burning Touch, Deflect Energy, Flame Jet

Igniters of the Flame are the 3rd tier within the order. They may learn all spells on this list and must know at least 15 spells before they can be considered Masters of the Flame.
Igniter: Fireproof, Resist Fire, Flaming Weapon, Flaming Missiles, Flaming Armor

A Master of the Flame can embody fire itself, a dangerous opponent on a battlefield. He is able to learn the following spells.
Master: Breath Fire, Body of Flames

Thoughts?
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote