View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:31 AM   #43
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Making Techniques Worthwhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
That is what I said.

1 General Perk per 25cp for of the character starting cost.
1 Combat Perk per 20cp put in combat skills.
1 Style Perk per 10cp in Style Skills
Yes that is correct (except that apparently "combat perk", isn't a term-of-art despite its use in Power Ups 2), but what you said earlier isn't. You said a 150 point character could only have six perks total, and the style perks counted against that. The style perks not only don't count against that, but you can't use those perks for style perks (magical or martial arts) at all (although you can use them for perks that are included in styles but listed as general perks elsewhere).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
That doesn't sound right. My recollection from when I ran Salle d'Armes is that if you put 1 point into each of the required skills for a style, you get to buy the style perk, no matter how few skills that is. There are a few styles that have close to 10 skills, like kalaripayit or the style George Silver taught, but a lot of them have maybe two to four skills.
I think maybe you are confusing Style Familiarity with style perks? You can't buy all the style perks with just 1 point in each skill, Martial Arts is very clear about that.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 01-12-2018 at 09:37 AM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote