View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Sol-1 [Infinite Worlds]

I think that the invasion of Afghanistan caused the collapse of the USSR, as well as their untenable economy. It would have been a softer landing than in OTL, but they would have likely still collapsed in the early 90s, especially with the increasing prosperity of the West luring the members of Warsaw Pact away from its control. In addition, I am sure that Glenn would have likely played hardball against the USSR, though he would have likely used soft power rather than hard power.

Concerning Clinton, I think that without the burden of the bad press of the Clinton years, and the Republican propoganda machine demonizing her, she could have succeeded on her own. It is a different timeline, with a more progressive and prosperous America, and a female President in 2008 would have made sense, especially as a reaction to the more aggressive McCain presidency. Of course, you would have had a more moderate Republican Party, since a more progressive and prosperous America would have not supported a conservative surge, so who knows who the Republicans would have nominated by 2008.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote