View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #34
Bogie1494

Default Re: "...and the road becomes my Bride." [ATE]: Recruitment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskrimadorNC View Post
I like this write-up. Lots of flavor, and really fleshes out your character.

Yeah, this part is complicated, and changes as you build your character. Will and Per start off equal to IQ. So for 0 points, they should both be 14. If you wish to keep them both at 13, you will get back an additional 5 points for each. It's totally up to you how you want to do that.

You raised your IQ from 13 to 14 with the Experienced lens, but then forgot that all of your IQ related skills went up a point as a consequence. Also, I marked the Perception based skills with an asterisk since they may change depending upon what you settle on for your Perception.

All in all, it looks like a good build. And unless you are married to it, I would suggest replacing Bow with either Crossbow or one of the Guns skills. They are all DX/Easy, and you can get a bit more out of them.

It looks really good for your first attempt. My first GURPS character had 10 times the mistakes, so you are way ahead of me. :-)
Thank you for the help!
I'll keep Will at 13 and use the 5 pts to increase my Speed and Move to a flat 6. I will do the corrected increase for Perception to 14, and go with Crossbow instead of Bow.

Revised sheet will be up tonight after I get home.

Edit: Adding up my points in my notebook, I came up with 248. I'll double check when I have the sheet in front of me tonight. If it is, could I take them in swimming? I figure if Hank can pilot a boat, he should probably be able to swim.

Last edited by Bogie1494; 05-03-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added a question
Bogie1494 is offline   Reply With Quote