View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Frost

Default Re: Help with Convention Pre-Gen Character Packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
Hi All,
I’m preparing for running a game at a convention in February, and am working on the Character Packets for the Pre-Gens. The game is a GURPS DF adventure. Below is my outline for the packets.

Some Questions:
1. How does the packet outline look?
2. Anything missing from the packet outline?
3. Anything look like it isn’t needed or useful?
4. Does it make sense to move the Setting and Adventure Background from page 2 to somewhere latter in the packet, even the very end?
5. For the Character Background, does a short outline, or couple paragraphs make more sense?

I appreciate your help. Thanks.
-Dan
I admire your level of organisation. However I do have a few reservations, a comprehensive eleven page (plus) document runs the risk of information overload something shorter might be more user frendly.

I think you could get away with condensing some of these sheets and seperating others out. Pages 8 and 9 might be worth turning into seperate handout, possibly a couple of laminated cards on the table.

One thing that I wouldn't do is relagate the background information to the back of the pack where people may miss them, keep them at page two or three where they are likely to catch peoples attention. It might be best to keep the background information fairly short and specific. Extending the character descriptions you have given here to include a few more details will probably be best for characters. As for the setting description, it makes sense to keep this fairly sparse and tailor it to the characters with potted descriptions of the world, where each character is from and where they are now.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote