View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
Jaware

Default Re: DF: Incantations Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
I don’t think there would be any problem with just using the RPM paths, or jsimply coming up with your own. I’m pondering doing the same thing, for a sort of “DF-plus” setting.
That's what I'm thinking about doing.

One of the biggest hurdles that I can think of is the whole greater effects or not.

On one hand I can understand why greater effects exist in RPM. but on the other, I can understand why they were left out in Incantations.

my personal setting has normal wizardry incapable of gate type spells/transport. The entire college doesn't exist. However, RPM mages are capable of opening portals to different places etc.

The entire economy is balanced around this form of travel. Each capital city in each country is built around a massive stone Obelisk that marks a natural weak point in the fabric of space. This results in trade and travel being easily opened between Capital cities since its not a greater effect to create a portal at a weak point in my world. Two weak points are opened at two different places and a "rabbit hole" is opened between them allowing much faster travel. Where cities may be 500+ miles apart, the 'Rabbit hole" can shorten it to a fraction of a distance depending on the energy put into the spell.
Jaware is offline   Reply With Quote