View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
Dalin

Default Re: Pocket-sized Edition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo54 View Post
I don’t mind PDFs, but I much rather have a hard copy in my hand to pass around the table and read without having to stare at a screen. Also seeing it in an actual store would grab my attention much more than maybe seeing it on social media. What are everyone else’s thoughts on this?
I would love to see more in print from SJG. I've been having great success using the DFRPG box set to bring new players into the fold, both young folks (middle schoolers) and faculty at my school. Oddly, even though it costs more, I've only seen people buy the physical box, never the digital version.

Once the boxes are unavailable, I'll try to pitch digital content harder, but PDFs can be tough for people who aren't already into gaming. They don't look appealing enough when printed and aren't easy to loan to people. My students mostly ask for games as gifts and their families want something they can buy at a store and wrap. (I know of four boxes sold to students at Christmas last year, three more for birthdays, and I'm hoping my local store can still get copies for the holidays this year.)

I get the market realities, though. So I'll just keep plugging away at trying to increase the customer base.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote