View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #662
Kirk

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea View Post
One of the biggest things for me is death at 0 ST, this should be changed to unconscious at 0 ST and dead at -ST. A knocked out player is almost unheard of yet it happens all the time in Fiction and real life for that matter.

So a PC with 9 ST gets hit by a broad sword for 12 (Yes! Box Cars!!) he is unconscious with -3 ST, if the party wins the battle the character could be healed. If they lose the character is most likely killed or maybe ransomed after recovery.

In this case the PC's win, a Physicker can heal 2 points of damage, as they don't have any magic potions right now he heals at the normal rate (1ST/2day? my memory is bad need some of that mIQ) so he is out for 2 days regaining consciousness at 0 ST but still unable to do anything.

This will help with 2 things character survivability and making dramatic rescues more likely to happen. After all how many times did Frodo get knocked out, or any one of many heroes.
As I mentioned somewhere before, we do this to do exactly that, to allow for unconscious but not dead characters. What we do also, though, is add a Mortal Wound saving roll, being 3d6 vs basic ST, adjusted against the character by the amount of the severity of his unconsciousness. So a ST 12 character that has been reduced to -3 strength, for instance, would need to make a 12-3, or 9 or less, to be viable and not die of his wounds.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote