View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Default Re: Imprementing dust vortexes, wraiths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
The only time you need to worry about finding rules to create monsters is when the players are building monsters to play themselves!
Or when they want to summon one, or shapeshift into one, or use Power Theft on it, or take one as an Enemy or Ally, or....

Point-building monsters and other NPCs is an important part of becoming familiar with the system, especially for newer people. It also helps prevent people from falling into an NPC apartheid mindset; please don't discourage it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charak View Post
First of all, for the dust vortex, I want it to have an engulfing attack that blinds and suffocates those trapped inside it. The engulfing part is easy: I just used a binding attack with the melee range "C" modifier. However, I can't seem to find any rules for binding attacks having secondary effects like blinding or FP loss every round. Am I going to have to make my own rules or is there something in the books I'm missing?
Link, p. B106. You can link your Binding to an Affliction that causes blindness, to an Obscure that blocks vision, or to a cyclic Innate Attack that repeatedly does Fatigue damage, or all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charak View Post
For the wraiths, I want anyone who is killed by a wraith to rise as a free-willed wraith. Once again, is there something in the rules for this, or will I have to make my own?
Infectious Attack, p.B140.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard

Last edited by jeff_wilson; 06-25-2010 at 06:57 PM.
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote