View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 09:14 AM   #292
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I listen to his piece. "Right. Cause you do so much looting before you capture the teleport Vasic and bring in your army."

I briefly recall news reports last year. "Oh right, and looting's bad too."
Reslin: "Looting is a soldier's right. Stay out of the way, and you'll be fine."

Quote:
I'll at least try to explain, "No, as you go u-- down, there's less air. Eventually, so little air, can't breath."
Reslin: "So you're being killed two different ways at once? must be why its so awful"

Quote:
To be fair, Julian's right for the wrong reason. He figured, "In about a minute, you'd fall as far as Mt. Everest, and people on Mount Everest need O2 tanks to breathe."
This really is a tricky world to explain, I suppose. I'm so glad the point of view here is from an earth-native talking to ignorant people who don't really sweat the details.

Quote:

I was assuming Julian was tied up such that he could barely move from where he was tied, so I'll stick with random sharp branch or whatever (I was actually thinking rock, but now that I think of it, that's pretty unlikely). Should be enough to start weakening the ropes, and easy enough to get rid of in a pinch.

Once I pick up the stick (assuming it worked OK), I'll start weakening the ropes, starting with the ones on the pack.

No idea what to roll for that, assuming holdout fits (cutting ropes on yourself). Maybe stealth?
Julian manages to find a sharp stick. They don't seem to notice his new posession. He starts slowly and cautiously working away at the ropes.

He hasn't gotten through a single rope when they stop to set up a "check in". Reslin pulls a vasic stone the size of a dinner plate out of his pack, and starts inscribing it with chalk, constantly looking at his watch.

Togar watches Julian while this goes on.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote