View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 09:33 AM   #290
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
That shocks me enough to pull me back to English. "What? Why the hell you'd do that?"

I probably repeat myself in Riask, and continue, "No such thing as war crimes?"

Might be a hard words there. Perhaps, battle or soldier instead of war? Crime might be harder; thief wouldn't work.
He stumbles over the words.

Reslin elaborates: "Usually the idiot is trying something foolish, like stopping us from collecting booty. One or two of them we just had to remove to keep the secret"

as julian expresses some sort of idea that such actions are bad and not good for soldiers he gets a confused look:

"The rules of war are for armies. If we get caught, we're dead. Quickly if we're lucky. I'm not following some fool idea that's going to get me caught."

Quote:
I think for a moment. "Probably suffocate under the clouds. Or the air goes," I make a sucking sound, "out like that. Blood inside, blood outside."
Togar: "Naw, you'd just boil."

OCC: you're actually correct about the mode death for this spot (suffocation as the humidity and heat rise too high to allow for gas exchange in the lungs) and Togar is wrong, but he doesn't know that. No one has really lived to tell commando soldiers.

Quote:
Another thin part in the vegetation you mean.
correct.

Quote:
Well there's only so much I can do. Kind of wish I had that knife now. Maybe there something pointy around here.

And I suppose I'll have to lift it discreetly.
Is this for one of their knives, or for a random sharp branch? (you can choose)

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote