View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #40
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Vanity and greed are part of my job, actually. You have to look good in my line of work, but it's a subtle thing. Too flashy and you look like an ingenue, and my clients look for experience. I have to project that despite being only thirty. Clothes have to fit well enough to play iaido in them, even though that's not what they're for, because it tells the people I work with that I have a very good tailor and a very good personal trainer and I know how to use both. So, I suppose, it's less vanity and more savvy: projected."
Sunae thinks about it and nods. Her body language and face says

Yeah, I guess that makes sense

"I suppose I shouldn't talk about vanity."

She says as she looks down at herself. She takes a sweeping glance at the highly fashionable, sexy party dress she is wearing with obvious distaste. With a perfectly manicured nail she points to her hair and make up and rolls her eyes.

"But then again, this isn't vanity. It's a uniform. It just reinforces my dislike and impatience for it all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Yeah it's different. None of us fend for ourselves, to the point that we chafe at it and wander off to do our own thing. I learned the basics of banking back in kindergarten, but when I got older and wanted to chase angels I was allowed to, within limits, as long as I also pursued the family's goals. Of course I pushed those limits," he added, assuming that absolutely everyone does that, "and Dad was hanging around to see where I'd go and how far. In the end, though, we all contribute to Pacific World and we all gain from it, and any one of us could run the whole operation if we really had to. None of us is immortal." That last bit is a dig.
"No one fends for themselves? I can't imagine that. But I can sort of understand. That's a very easy way to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to. In my case that's not as much of an issue. Grandfather always pops up when he feels something requires his attention."

Sunae thinks about it for a few seconds then shakes her head

"I just can't wrap my head around that."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 03-13-2018 at 01:13 AM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote