View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #25
JustAnotherJarhead

Default Re: Missle spells in ITL

As usual, great reply points.

Some even serve to reinforce my point that wizards rarely made it to the level that would allow use of wizards wrath.

I call it the D&D party, where everyone is Neutral Good or Lawful Good, cooperative and friendly.

Then... there is the TFT party that I played with, where I also happen to play (cause Steve is awesome) a REPTILE MAN.

Let's just say my Party, and reflective of my friends in high school, was a little less Lawful Good, and a bit less cooperative. Add to that, that sometimes played a Reptile Man wizard.
The need to fight, and stay standing, and be very self dependent made for a very non-D&D type of party strategy and character build philosophy.

It's part of the reason when I returned to TFT decades later, I was in shock at the gilding of the "greater" creatures that I was so familiar with, the advancement being a struggle of course with XP, but Wizard Lizards didn't meet an early death, and stood their ground without the need for wizards wrath, and didn't take much Sh** from mouthy humans or pesky hobbits.

It's been a fun challenge, changing my favorite character builds to try and adapt to the new rules, and see if they can survive and still be playable as I remembered.

One thing is different, I was never a fan of armor before, but now I'm rethinking that, as I try and make something work that might live to take advantage of something I am not familiar with, rapid attribute improvement.

Already I've run into one struggle, this notion that you can't save IQ points for talents? That just strikes me as weird.
JustAnotherJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote