View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [RPM] Magical Styles Thread

Its kind of rough, but I'm not sure to further it.

Elven Circle Magic
:

Circle magic (The style is responsible for the classic elven dancing glade), was developed by a people where most of the population is minor mages. Elves are taught the style in their youth: Elven communities need each elf to know how to cast, how to cast safely, and how to cast as part of a group. Many meet the minimum requirements (less stable casting) and learn no more, being more interested in other pursuits. Masters of this path tend to specialize: a circle of elven circle masters is likely to have each one be an expert in a different path. It is common for elves to learn other style in addition to this one, or for the Quick and Focused perk to be taken large numbers of times.

Required Skills: Lore (elven), Dance, Stabalizing skill (not specified)

Required Paths: Path of Body

Required Perks:
Quick and Focused (-1/level ignored when working with multiple mages) 3
Stabalizing Skill Perk (skill and Path not specified, but Body and Naturalist is very common)

New Perk: Magic Circle Leader
You have a stabalizing influence on magic you help to cast. each round of energy casting, you can apply your energy to neutralizing quirks at a 3 (of only his) energy to 1 quirk ratio. Only one Magic circle leader can act at a time, and he must be the mage to cast the final spell.

New Perk: Magic Circle Stabalizer
You can stabalize critical failures caused by others a group ritual -- if you could have stabalized it yourself. Only one attempt at stabalization is allowed.

Restricted Skill: Architechure (elven)
This skill alows you to build buildings and public areas that remain consecrated ground even under high traffic situations

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote