View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
Scolop

Default Re: [RPM] Mind Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Using the Enslave spell from Magic as a starting point, you could build it like this:

Sense Mind [2] + Greater Control Mind [5] + Altered Traits (Disadvantage: Slave Mentality) [8] + Duration: 1 day [7]. Greater effects 1 [x3]. 66 Energy.

It still needs a range modifier if you plan to cast it on someone farther than immediately adjacent.
I had thought about using Slave Mentality, but it didn't look like it was enough to cover the effects. Andreas' suggestion of adding Reprogrammable complements it, though. I guess I would throw a 2-point Sense of Duty in too. I don't get why it should have a Lesser Sense Mind effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Wouldn't you also need to add some energy to account for the weigth of the subject?

As I understand it, Slave Mentality would make them inclined to obey anyone. Mind control similiar to the Enslave spell should probably use Reprogrammable instead. Enslave also does not have the side effects of Slave Mentality.
You don't need to account for subject weight when casting Mind rituals. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way!

For now, the ritual would look like this:

Typical Casting: Greater Control Mind (5) + Altered Traits, Reprogrammable, Sense of Duty (Caster) and Slave Mentality (11) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Range, 2 yards (0). 51 energy (17×3).

Still quite cheap for a simple and expected "game breaker", I'd say.
Scolop is offline   Reply With Quote