View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 04:45 AM   #11
Huscurian

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
My inaugural post is up, so please pardon the soap box as I discuss why you should create your own setting instead of convert one that already exists.

And I wanted to thank you guys for your warm response, and let you know that from now on, I'll be posting on Thursday, in keeping with Douglas Cole's "GURPS Day."
Mailanka... I never knew about your blog until I checked your thread. Most particularly this one.

I am trying to convert SW capital ships/starfighters/freighters/transports into Spaceships format just for fun and kicks. Your blog sounded like I shouldn't create this since the ideas behind it is copyrighted. For one, I don't plan on winning any Ennie awards. I don't plan on selling the materials. In fact, I plan on contributing to something.

There's a setting I want to convert to GURPS: Deathstalker series by Simon Green. By statting out the setting, its TLs, the characters, ships, etc. and so on, I thought it'd be pretty cool to play a setting like it. I know the Deathstalker series is copyrighted but I can't resist a cool setting like that!

I also have a homebrew setting that I haven't gotten around to finish just yet but I do have a campaign in the works regarding that setting.
Huscurian is offline   Reply With Quote