View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
chandley

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy party compositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
There's no resistance roll to Pins. It's explictly noted, more than once, in fact, on MA p. 114 that pins in specific allow no roll to oppose after an All-Out Attack.

SM -2 or SM +5, it's all irrelevant. Just succeed at an unmodified grappling skill roll and you've pinned him.
I see what you are reading. I see it as ridiculous in the extreme, but by MA, you are not wrong. You are still going to want enough DX+Skill+10 to overcome ST +3 - 6 for SM. He can only attempt to break free once per 10 seconds, but that first attempt is going to come in the very next second. DX+Skill+10 totaling 22 vs ST+6 totaling 26 isnt great odds either. AoA Strong gives another +2 to the break free, which put things in a grim way even for a Human (SM+0) trying this. If the barbarian has any bonuses from Wrestling, which he very well might (its a secondary skill), this suddenly becomes a move only actual Martial Artists should be trying.

Best defense against most of this is going to be the berserkers reach keeping grappling/pinning foes out of CC.