View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #19
Mailanka

Default Re: [Combat]: Do you bow, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctifer View Post
As I was driving in to work, I realized several factors I missed that I likely wouldn't have at the game table, including the damage multiplier for imp. Also, I was wondering why his Move was so fast... I read and re-read B354 more than once and it seemed pretty clear that Move multiplied... when I went back and re-read it, I realized that I ran into two familiar annoyances with GURPS: there's a box in the middle of the page I should've read past, instead of moving to the top of the next column and, for some reason, they're repeating information on an Advantage (Enhanced Move) in the general rules on Sprinting.

Anyways...

A couple of things you guys pointed out that I definitely missed:
  • I've been doing Acc wrong and I'm not sure why. I see now if you've performed an Aim Maneuver, you get the full Acc bonus to hit on your next action (assuming it wasn't interrupted). And another +1 or +2 for additional seconds spent aiming. That helps too!
  • The Move and Attack Maneuver for the Archer would definitely be a bonus. Not quite as useful in inside spaces, but still useful.
  • I was indeed screwing up how the Size and Speed/Range Table. I haven't been adding speed and rage together _before_ applying the modifier, I'd been figuring the modifier for each and adding them together.
GURPS is a great game, but it has a learning curve. For learning the game, you're doing it right: Try it out, screw up, figure out what you did wrong, try again. I'm still making mistakes.