Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #26
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: HEAL spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
Heh. As David suggested above, what’s the main purpose of healing spells? For me, it is to enable classic dungeon crawls.

And Steve’s spell pretty much fails to do that. It isn’t a bad spell, necessarily. But it’s not particularly useful for dungeon crawls either - you have to burn out a high IQ Wizard for a modest benefit.
And as DAVID B reiterates what I was clamoring-on about in the Blunderbuss Question; I need the Vison, Mission, and Goal to make any semblance of intelligent and informed feedback, free of speculation and assumption.

Personally, I really like the fact that it "wastes your wizard" if you invoke this spell - I gave my reasons in my first post.

Okay TY, thanks for showing up and sharing your thoughts; but would you now please tighten it up, and state your feedback as it could appear as RULE - as the rule would appear in it's rough-draft form - to make it as succinct as easily digestible as possible?

I think that might be most directly beneficial.

I already went ahead an did this with my feedback under "Laying of Empathic Hands"; and left the actual Cost/Effect and IQ details for SJ to wrestle down on his own, so I stated the RULE as I am most comfortable with it - free of commentary - as it might appear in TFT:AW, and in player-speak; not designer-speak.

To be fair to SJ, and not risk losing a single good idea from ANY member of the forum, I think it would be great if everyone who really feels they have a SOLUTION, would take some time and follow suit - using SJ's draft as the reference draft - not their own personal healing magic rule(s) - and working it up from there. I think it would be great if we could get EVERYONE together on that "feedback format", unless only making a single point or two.

With the goal that we would be giving SJ what he specifically asked us for: Comments on HIS one proposed rule for a single healing spell.

Can we ALL agree to get together on this? SKARG? KIRK? RICK? PHIL?. LADDER?. DAVID B?. SHOSTAK? LARS?, TOMC? ETC?

I do not relish the task ahead for SJ of having to read everyone's "stream of consciousness"; insightful as it may be.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 05-29-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Typo & Clarification
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote